Is your child entitled to Pupil Premium?
If you receive one of the benefits below, you can register your eligibility with the council so that the school can benefit from additional funding, called Pupil Premium. This will entitle your child to free milk.
The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the achievement of some pupils. This is measured by the number of children eligible for free school meals based on the above qualifying benefits. It is worth over £1000 per pupil for the school.
You can get Pupil Premium if you receive one of the benefits below:
• Income Support (IS)
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
• Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Guarantee element of State Pension Credit or Universal Credit
• Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Complete the application form http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/schools/free-school-meals.aspx#Reception or simply ring your local Area Education Office with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number and an immediate on-line decision can be given (see contact details below for phone numbers).
The Pupil Premium is a source of additional funding that has been made available to schools by the Government. This funding is based on the number of children who are either in receipt of free school meals or, who have been in receipt of free school meals in the past six years.
In 2016-2017 Whitefield Infant School will receive £68,640