If you receive one of the benefits below, you can register your eligibility with the council so that the school can benefit from additional funding, called Pupil Premium. This will entitle your child to free milk.
The pupil premium gives schools extra funding to raise the achievement of some pupils. This is measured by the number of children eligible for free school meals based on the above qualifying benefits. It is worth over £1000 per pupil for the school your child attends.
You can get Pupil Premium if you receive one of the benefits below:
• Income Support (IS)
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
• Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Guarantee element of State Pension Credit or Universal Credit
• Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Complete the application form (downloadable from HERE) or simply ring your local Area Education Office with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance number and an immediate on-line decision can be given (see contact details below for phone numbers).